The ideal candidate for this position is hard-working, driven, and not afraid to get their hands dirty and pitch in whenever and wherever it’s needed. This is not your typical desk position that supervises a terminal from the comfort of an office – this position requires that you get down in the trenches, involving yourself in every aspect of the operation – walking the yard, inspecting trucks, covering routes, etc. Candidates without a current CDL (Class A) will not be considered, as this position requires driving. Candidates with commercial mechanical experience a big plus!
This would be a great opportunity for someone with a background in transportation/commercial driving that is looking to take that next step in their career with a great company!
Operations & Personnel
- Manage, direct and motivate assigned terminal staff in managing the day-to-day operational issues for the account ensuring safety, supplying our customer with superior service, and providing direction and guidance with hiring, training, rewarding and disciplining drivers.
- Leads, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and retains terminal staff using fair and reasonable methods for continuous development.
- In conjunction with the Site Operations Manager, supports and assists with budgeting and ensures pricing model and revenues are in line and on target of meeting the company goals and objectives. Understands the financial consequences and impact to accounts and has the ability to see the big picture and make financial adjustments. Seeks methods to control costs and expenditures and increase revenues.
- Demonstrates a positive track record of success in the improvement of operational performance and profitability.
- Maintains business confidentiality and professionalism.
Account Management & Customer Service
- Significant interface with our customer’s senior management staff, ensuring that strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity with customers to accommodate their needs.
- Supports and enforces the administrative requirements of the account, ensuring that they are completed properly, in compliance and on-time (both site-specific and corporate requirements/policies and procedures).
- Ensures that each assigned operation/account operates in an efficient manner based on utilization and accountability of drivers.
- Maintains and satisfies customer’s needs, goals, degree of urgency and works as a professional business partner to achieve those goals.
- Provides regular feedback to Site Operations Manager regarding customer satisfaction or customer issues in order to ensure the company is meeting the operational expectations of our customer, making timely adjustments when needed, thereby assuring excellent customer service.
Safety & Compliance
- Acts as a role model and champion related to safety and executing safety plans and programs from corporate. Instills a safety-minded culture by personal training, words, actions, and accountability. Ensures all drivers are properly trained in the operations and safety standards of the account.
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations and Hours of Service rules at each respective terminal.
- Ensures and executes compliance with all laws and company policies proactively.
Equipment & Maintenance
- Oversees the use of equipment and staff within the model designed for account by corporate, ensuring that timely repairs and scheduled equipment maintenance is completed as required. Monitors that all equipment is maintained and in proper operable condition at all times to ensure safety.
- Ensures that all equipment and customer property is secure – safeguarding company assets.
- Maintains proper training in Hazmat and Hazcom procedures, the operation of terminal equipment including Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, etc., and every driving route at the terminal.
- MUST have current Class A License with Hazmat endorsement. Candidates without a current CDL will not be considered, as this position requires commercial driving.
- Experience in a management or leadership role in the transportation industry, and a background in DOT regulations and fleet maintenance. Experience supervising employees preferred.
- Extensive experience in transportation, logistics and operations, and proven success in exceeding customer expectations in servicing of an account.
- High level of leadership and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Pre-employment negative drug test and no prior “positive” drug or alcohol test results. Acceptable medical exam.
- Previous experience in commercial driving.
- 3 year DMV printout, clean DMV record within last 3 years, and criminal background clearance.
- Local candidates familiar with the Fresno area highly preferred.
- Coursework in business or related field a plus.
- Commercial mechanical experience a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package which includes:
- Top-tier base pay
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Performance and safety bonuses
- Medical, dental & vision
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- And more!