Atech Warehousing & Distribution, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Terminal Manager with CDL (Class A) to join our amazing team of transportation professionals!
We believe in hiring the most exceptional people. The ideal candidate for this position is hard-working, driven, and not afraid to get their hands dirty and pitch in whenever and wherever it’s needed. Candidates without a current CDL (Class A) will not be considered, as this position requires driving. Candidates with commercial mechanical experience a big plus!
This would be a great opportunity for someone with a background in transportation /commercial driving that is looking to take that next step in their career with a GREAT company!
- MUST have current Class A License with Hazmat endorsement. Candidates without a current CDL will not be considered, as this position requires commercial driving.
- Experience in a management or leadership role in the transportation industry, and a background in DOT regulations and fleet maintenance. Experience supervising employees preferred.
- Extensive experience in transportation, logistics and operations, and proven success in exceeding customer expectations in servicing of an account.
- High level of leadership and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Pre-employment negative drug test and no prior “positive” drug or alcohol test results. Acceptable medical exam.
- Previous experience in commercial driving.
- 3 year DMV printout, clean DMV record within last 3 years, and criminal background clearance.
- Coursework in business or related field a plus.
- Commercial mechanical experience a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package which includes:
- Top-tier base pay
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Performance and safety bonuses
- Medical, dental, & vision
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- And more!
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Operations & Personnel
- Manage, direct and motivate assigned terminal staff in managing the day-to-day operational issues for the account ensuring safety, supplying the customer with superior service, and providing direction and guidance with hiring, training, rewarding and disciplining drivers.
- Leads, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and retains terminal staff using fair and reasonable methods for continuous development.
- Responsible for various administrative requirements of the terminal including submitting payroll to accounting, scheduling terminal staff and coordinating time off requests, maintaining applicable record-keeping, updating purchase order system, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining terminal budget and ensuring pricing model and revenues are in line and on target of meeting the company goals and objectives. Understands the financial consequences and impact to accounts and has the ability to see the big picture and make financial adjustments. Seeks methods to control costs and expenditures and increase revenues.
- Demonstrates a positive track record of success in the improvement of operational performance and profitability.
- Maintains business confidentiality and professionalism.
Account Management & Customer Service
- Significant interface with the customer’s senior management staff, ensuring that strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity with customer to accommodate their needs.
- Supports and enforces the administrative requirements of the account, ensuring that they are completed properly, in compliance and on-time (both site-specific and corporate requirements/policies and procedures).
- Ensures that each assigned operation/account operates in an efficient manner based on utilization and accountability of drivers.
- Maintains and satisfies customer’s needs, goals, degree of urgency and works as a professional business partner to achieve those goals.
- Regularly respond to feedback regarding customer satisfaction or customer issues in order to ensure the company is meeting the operational expectations of the customer, making timely adjustments when needed, thereby assuring excellent customer service.
Safety & Compliance
- Acts as a role model and champion related to safety and executing safety plans and programs from corporate. Instills a safety-minded culture by personal training, words, actions, and accountability. Ensures all drivers are properly trained in the operations and safety standards of the account, and leads monthly safety meetings.
- Main point of contact for any issues, accidents, injuries, breakdowns or emergencies that arise at their terminal. Trained in how to respond to accidents and injuries – including those involving hazardous materials – and reporting to corporate, working with authorities, or performing on-site investigations as necessary.
- Employs expert knowledge of all FMCSA and DOT requirements, and ensures and executes compliance with all laws and company policies proactively.
- Monitors all driver medical cards, motor vehicle reports, and commercial driver’s licenses to ensure that licenses are current at all times and that no driver gets behind the wheel with an expired license.
- Trained in all aspects of drug and alcohol testing regulations, including reasonable suspicion training. Requires drivers to complete necessary pre-employment, quarterly random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion testing, as required.
Equipment and Maintenance
- Oversees the use of equipment and staff within the model designed for account by corporate, ensuring that timely repairs and scheduled equipment maintenance is completed as required. Monitors that all equipment is maintained and in proper operable condition at all times to ensure safety.
- Ensures that all equipment and customer property is secure – safeguarding company assets.
- Maintains proper training in Hazmat and Hazcom procedures, the operation of terminal equipment including Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, etc., and every driving route at their terminal. Ensures that all employees maintain proper applicable training as well.
Apply today! Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org